Sollasa Rum Punch
A punchy cocktail. This is a favourite with friends and family, but not to be neglected as a late summer at home favourite. Can be served longer with a top of soda water.
- 25ml Sollasa
- 25ml Aged/Dark rum
- 20ml Lime juice
- 20ml Mace honey (50:50 honey water with optional Mace flower infusion)
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- Nutmeg, sprig of mint and dried lime for garnish
- Add Sollasa, dark rum, lime juice, honey and ice to a cocktail shaker and shake for 10 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a glass over ice and add a dash of Angostura bitters.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg, dried lime and a sprig of mint.
Accompaniment: This cocktail lends itself beautifully to the hotter and more earthy dishes from the grill or charcoal oven. Think deeply spiced game dishes with smoky, roasted tomato sauces.